What a catch!
Violet is a joy to have around!
Violet is a well-mannered, bright and active young-adult, said to be about 17 months old or so. She tops the scale at a whopping 25-lbs. We believe she is a Pit Bull type blend, possibly mixed with a small Terrier breed. Violet loves her dogs friends but will need a cat-free, chicken-free home. She is looking for a family to call her own -- to take her camping, hiking, to the beach, for daily walks, to be an errand-runner and in general, shower love and attention on her.
This little girl is friendly and affectionate, once she gets to know you — one of her favorite past times (when she’s not playing with her dog pals) is cuddling with her foster mom. She’s taking a Pit Stop right now, while she waits for her forever home because the shelter environment was a bit overwhelming for her, where she ended up as a stray.
Violet is gentle and can be a little bit on the shy side at first, but warms up quickly. We don’t know that she’s had lots of experiences in her young life yet, so exposing her to new things in a patient manner will help Violet gain new comfort levels and leave her feeling positive about all this novelty.
Her new family will need to enroll her in basic manners training classes when they bring her home, to continue her learning and help quickly establish a bond. She’s a very bright girl and will appreciate the structure and boundaries. Violet would do best in a home with older, respectful children (over 12) because of her shy tendencies—she’s a gentle soul at heart and likes being treated that way in return. She is looking for love in all the right places—she just hasn’t found her match yet. Could it be you?
Adoption Fee: $250
We now provide continuing education!
Born Again Pit Bull Rescue adoption packages include, two 1-hour, in home, private dog training lessons with one of our preferred trainers. These sessions are valued at $200 and provided to you at no cost, to ensure that you receive some solid, professional training advice to set you and your new best friend up for a lifetime of success!
If you are located within 1 hour from Portland we will set you up with Cecelia Towner of Trusting the Heart Dog Training and Animal Communication. And, if you are located within 30 minutes of the Salem area we offer the services of Paw n Hand K9
Note: Due to the highly discounted rates offered by our trainers, this inclusion is limited to travel times specified, each way.
Our adoption fee includes:
When you adopt a BAPBR dog, our relationship with you does not end there. We know that you’ll have questions once your dog is home with you and we are here to provide advice regarding basic training and resources for you and your dog.
We take great care of the health and condition of dogs in the BAPBR Pit Stop Program. Before any dogs go to their adoptive family, we ensure that any needed procedures have been conducted at our veterinarian hospital.
Along with your wonderful new family member you will also receive:
- 2 private in-home training lessons. More infomation, located below, under the adoption fee
- Altering of the animal
- Initial vaccines
- Copy of medical vet records/history
- De-worming treatment
- Flea treatment
- ID Tags (adult dogs only)
- Front clip walking harness
(adult dogs only)
- Leash (adult dogs only)
- AVID microchip and registration
(a $20 value)
- Small bag of kibble
- Plenty of post-adoption support!
Our adoption policy:
- Same-sex pit bull type dog pairings are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and only approved at the discretion of BAPBR
- Indoor homes only—we do not adopt “outdoor” dogs or “guard” dogs. We will only place dogs into homes to become a family dog
- Please note that adoption applicants of our pit bull type dogs must own their own home (case-by-case exceptions may be made for our Not-a-Bull adoptions). A BAPBR representative will conduct a home check. There will be no exceptions made to this rule, due to the frequent restrictions on apartments, and rental homes and the fact that BAPBR does not have a physical building to easily take returned adoptions when landlords change their mind or an adopter moves to another rental location that does not accept pit bull type dogs