Those are the eyes of someone who wants a family.
Meet the extremely beautiful Annabelle!
Annabelle is a 7 year old, American Pit Bull Terrier, who weighs about 65 pounds. She absolutely loves the companionship of people and dog friends.
While in foster care, she is learning basic obedience training to make an easy transition to her new forever home. With Annabelle, continued training will be a snap because she is bright, very eager to please and loves her treats. She responds well to positive training methods and would love to impress you with her smarts. She's a "deep feeler" — a lot of emotion in there. She's terrific with other dogs. Very affectionate with humans, too, but only after you know her!
Annabelle is also already house trained, crate trained (and quiet in her crate), and likes riding in cars. She loves to laze around the house, cuddle and be your constant best friend! She is very mellow, super easy, fun, loving and such a happy dog—she will bring joy to your heart!
She occasionally enjoys a short walk and will go at your pace without pulling, but she has also discovered a new love for balls and LOVES to play a game of ball with you.
Annabelle's ideal home would be a family, couple, single person, or retired couple who have no cats, possibly another mellow dog, a fenced backyard to throw the ball for her, and a calm, easy-going home life. Annabelle doesn't require much, just lots of love, a warm home and a family to call her own!
Adoption fee: $200
We now provide continuing education!
Born Again Pit Bull Rescue adoption packages include, two 1-hour, in home, private dog training lessons with one of our preferred trainers. These sessions are valued at $200 and provided to you at no cost, to ensure that you receive some solid, professional training advice to set you and your new best friend up for a lifetime of success!
If you are located within 1 hour from Portland we will set you up with Cecelia Towner of Trusting the Heart Dog Training and Animal Communication. And, if you are located within 30 minutes of the Salem area we offer the services of Paw n Hand K9
Note: Due to the highly discounted rates offered by our trainers, this inclusion is limited to travel times specified, each way.
Our adoption fee includes:
When you adopt a BAPBR dog, our relationship with you does not end there. We know that you’ll have questions once your dog is home with you and we are here to provide advice regarding basic training and resources for you and your dog.
We take great care of the health and condition of dogs in the BAPBR Pit Stop Program. Before any dogs go to their adoptive family, we ensure that any needed procedures have been conducted at our veterinarian hospital.
Along with your wonderful new family member you will also receive:
- 2 private in-home training lessons. More infomation, located below, under the adoption fee
- Altering of the animal
- Initial vaccines
- Copy of medical vet records/history
- De-worming treatment
- Flea treatment
- ID Tags (adult dogs only)
- Front clip walking harness
(adult dogs only)
- Leash (adult dogs only)
- AVID microchip and registration
(a $20 value)
- Small bag of kibble
- Plenty of post-adoption support!
Our adoption policy:
- Same-sex pit bull type dog pairings are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and only approved at the discretion of BAPBR
- Indoor homes only—we do not adopt “outdoor” dogs or “guard” dogs. We will only place dogs into homes to become a family dog
- Please note that adoption applicants of our pit bull type dogs must own their own home (case-by-case exceptions may be made for our Not-a-Bull adoptions). A BAPBR representative will conduct a home check. There will be no exceptions made to this rule, due to the frequent restrictions on apartments, and rental homes and the fact that BAPBR does not have a physical building to easily take returned adoptions when landlords change their mind or an adopter moves to another rental location that does not accept pit bull type dogs