How we determine the adoption fees:
The initial vetting and costs for a healthy dog entering our organization can cost us anywhere from $200-$300. When you adopt from BAPBR, you are getting a savings of $150+/- right away. Adopting saves you money! Any additional money comes back to the organization so that we can continue our life saving efforts.
Our adoption fee includes:
When you adopt a BAPBR dog, our relationship with you does not end there. We know that you’ll have questions once your dog is home with you and we are here to provide advice regarding basic training and resources for you and your dog.
We take great care of the health and condition of dogs in the BAPBR Pit Stop Program. Before any dogs go to their adoptive family, we ensure that any needed procedures have been conducted at our veterinarian hospital.
Along with your wonderful new family member you will also receive:
- 2 private in-home training lessons. More infomation, located below, under the adoption fee
- Altering of the animal
- Initial vaccines
- Copy of medical vet records/history
- De-worming treatment
- Flea treatment
- ID Tags (adult dogs only)
- Front clip walking harness
(adult dogs only)
- Leash (adult dogs only)
- AVID microchip and registration
(a $20 value)
- Small bag of kibble
- Plenty of post-adoption support!
Our adoption policy:
- Same-sex pit bull type dog pairings are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and only approved at the discretion of BAPBR
- Indoor homes only—we do not adopt “outdoor” dogs or “guard” dogs. We will only place dogs into homes to become a family dog
- Please note that adoption applicants of our pit bull type dogs must own their own home (case-by-case exceptions may be made for our Not-a-Bull adoptions). A BAPBR representative will conduct a home check. There will be no exceptions made to this rule, due to the frequent restrictions on apartments, and rental homes and the fact that BAPBR does not have a physical building to easily take returned adoptions when landlords change their mind or an adopter moves to another rental location that does not accept pit bull type dogs